Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
(Undisclosed Address), SANTA ROSA BEACH
Thoughtfully designed by North Carolina Architect Dennis Lehmann, this extraordinary estate home, situated beneath a lush canopy of century old live oaks, expresses a stately elegance and lifestyle of a bygone era. Landscape Architect Doug Chism carefully integrated the Tudor architectural style of the home with the solitude inherent in its majestic setting, among the most dramatic to be found in Northwest Florida, to create surroundings that convey grandeur, peace and tranquility. Included with this family retreat is a carriage house, boat house and double docks. A courtyard entry, paved with Tennessee fieldstone and surrounded by lush landscaping, leads to antique, leaded glass entry doors, one of many custom details found throughout the home that evoke old world charm.From the entry foyer, as from each room along the rear of the home, sweeping views of Choctawhatchee Bay can be enjoyed through an abundance of windows. The living room features a coquina fireplace, oak hardwood floors and built-in bookcases. A delightfully inviting sun room wrapped in windows features whitewashed bead board walls and ceilings, as well as flagstone floors. A guest bedroom and bath completes this wing of the home. Adjoining the dining room, antique cypress doors with custom etched glass reveal a wet bar complete with copper sink, ice maker and refrigerator. Antique lighting highlights the Turkish travertine floor and detailed trim work found in the dining room. Designer Rodney Bangan created a kitchen worthy of being featured in Kitchens by Professional Designers magazine. Here, old world charm continues through the use of stone flooring, distressed and hand-rubbed cabinets by Omega, a cooking hearth and furniture-style island, all set beneath a coffered cypress ceiling. Its appliance suite, comprised of a Subzero refrigerator, Thermador gas cooktop, two Dacor ovens, Bosch dishwasher, warming drawer and wine cooler, accompany additional features that include antique copper pendant lighting, Sahara Gold granite counters and a tumbled stone backsplash. The breakfast room, featuring reclaimed cypress accents, was designed with built-in seating for eight. The kitchen conveniently flows into a separate media room, ideally setup for entertaining. The upstairs master suite features a sitting area that captures peaceful Bay views a private screened porch and custom designed walk-in closet. Rohl fixtures appoint the master bath with steam shower, whirlpool tub and double vanity, and a convenient morning kitchen with sink leaves little reason to leave this serene, luxurious oasis. An artist cannot help but be inspired by the Bay views enjoyed from the studio with canvas of white washed cedar walls and ceiling. An additional master suite with travertine clad bath, built-in desk and sitting area join a guest bedroom to complete the second floor. Outside once more, an expansive lawn unfolds before a stone patio to meet the impressive 720-foot Bayfront boundary of the property, from which a 200-foot dock, complete with boat house and boat lift, extends. The carriage house, situated over a two-car garage, features guest accommodations overlooking Clay's Bayou that enjoy their own 50-foot dock, ready for kayaking. The cozy one-bedroom carriage house features white washed wood walls and a vaulted ceiling, as well as a full kitchen adjoining living and dining areas with access to a screened porch. A private, half mile long drive meanders through the 29.75 acre property whose 17 acres of uplands are the ideal site for an upscale residential development or family compound, as well as amenities such as a pool, equestrian facility, tennis court, club house, pavilion, boat slips and more. Three individual Bayfront sites could be made available, while over 1,000 feet along Clay's Bayou could be enjoyed by multiple sites. "In the Oaks" is the perfect waterfront refuge for the truly discerning who seek uncompromised privacy.
- MLS® #557066
- Full Baths4
- Square Footage4,975
- Year Built1997
- TypeDetached Single Family
- UtilitiesGas - Propane, Private Well, Septic Tank, Sewer Available, Underground
- Parking Spaces2
- ParkingOversized, Garage
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontBAY, Bayou
- ExteriorFoundation On Pilings, Roof Composite Shingle, Siding Stucco, Trim Wood, Foundation Slab On Grade
- Exterior FeaturesBoatlift, Deck Open, Dock, Greenhouse, Guest Quarters, Lawn Pump, Patio Open, Porch Screened, Satellite Dish, Sauna/Steam, Sprinkler System
- Lot DescriptionSurvey Available, Within 1/2 Mile Of Water, Wooded
- RoofFoundation On Pilings, Roof Composite Shingle
- FoundationFoundation On Pilings, Foundation Slab On Grade
- Days on Website1364
- ZoningResidential Multi-Family, Residential Single Family
- SubdivisionHOLLY PINES ESTATES
- CitySANTA ROSA BEACH
- Zip Code32459
- Interior FeaturesBreakfast Bar, Built-In Bookcases, Ceiling Beamed, Ceiling Cathedral, Ceiling Crwn Molding, Ceiling Raised, Ceiling Tray/Cofferd, Ceiling Vaulted, Fireplace, Floor Hardwood, Floor Marble, Floor Tile, Floor WW Carpet New, Furnished - None, Guest Quarters, Kitchen Island, Lighting Recessed, Lighting Track, Pull Down Stairs, Walls Wainscoting, Wet Bar, Window Bay, Woodwork Painted
- AppliancesDishwasher, Ice Machine, Oven Continue Clean, Range Hood, Refrigerator W/Ice Maker, Stove/Oven Gas, Washer, Wine Refrigerator
- HeatingHeat Pump A/A Two +
- CoolingA/C: Central Electric, A/C: Two Or More
- # of Stories2
- ElementaryVAN R. BUTLER
- MiddleEMERALD COAST
- HighSOUTH WALTON
- Listing Office:Scenic Sotheby's International Realty
DISCLAIMER: Information Deemed Reliable but not guaranteed. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
All listings are provided courtesy of the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors, Copyright2015, All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on January 28th, 2015 at 8:01am CST.