Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
(Undisclosed Address), SANTA ROSA BEACH
In The Oaks'' is a magnificent 31 acre English Manor Estate, located on beautiful Choctawhatchee Bay. Thoughtfully designed by North Carolina Architect Dennis Lehmann, this extraordinary estate home expresses a stately elegance and life style of a by-gone era. Situated under a lush canopy of century old live oaks, landscape architect, Doug Chism carefully integrated the architectural style of the home with the solitude of the bay front setting to create surroundings that convey grandeur, peace and tranquility. This 5,000 SF family retreat, which includes a carriage house, boat house and double docks, provides one of the most dramatic settings along the Florida Panhandle. A courtyard entry paved with Tennessee fieldstone and surrounded by lush landscape leads to an antique leaded glass entry, one of the many custom details that reflect an old world charm throughout the home. An abundance of windows along the back of the house allow for sweeping bay views from the entry foyer and throughout the entire house. The main living area features a Cocina fireplace, oak floors and built in bookcases. A delightfully inviting sunroom wrapped with windows and features whitewashed bead board walls and ceilings and flagstone floors. A guest bedroom and bath completes this wing of the house. Adjoining the dining room antique cypress doors with custom etched glass reveal a hidden wet-bar complete with copper sink, icemaker and refrigerator. The dining area is highlighted with antique lighting, Turkish travertine floors and detailed trim work. Featured in Kitchens By Professional Designer magazine, designer Rodney Bangan, continued the old world charm in the kitchen with stone flooring, coffered cypress ceiling, distressed, hand rubbed cabinets by Omega, a cooking hearth and furniture style island. Special features include antique copper pendants, Subzero refrigerator, Thermador gas cook-top, two Dacor ovens, Bosch dishwasher, warming drawer, Wine cooler, pot filler, Saraha Gold granite with counter and tumbled stone backsplash. The breakfast room is designed with built-in seating for eight and features reclaimed cypress accents. A separate media room conveniently flows off the main kitchen creating ideal gathering spaces for family get-togethers or entertaining. Upstairs the master suite creates a serene and luxurious oasis with a sitting area featuring peaceful bay views, a private screened porch and a built-in desk area. The master bath offers a steam shower, Rohl fixtures, Whirlpool tub and double vanity. A morning bar with sink & refrigerator and custom designed walk-in closet round out the master suite. An artist studio featuring inspiring views of the bay is finished with white washed cedar walls and ceiling. A second master suite with travertine bath, built in desk, sitting area and adjoining childrens bedroom complete the homes design for second floor living area. An inviting stone patio steps down to an expansive 640 ft. of bay front age, a 200 ft. dock, complete with boat house & lift. Above the carriage house with a two car garage is a guest cottage overlooking Clay's Creek with its own 50 ft. dock ready for kayaking. Charming and cozy with white washed wood walls, vaulted ceiling the one bedroom cottage has a complete full kitchen, living and dining area and screened porch. Whether you are seeking privacy, elegance or the serenity of nature, ''In The Oaks'' may just be the perfect place to call your own.
- MLS® #557066
- Full Baths4
- Square Footage4,975
- Year Built1997
- TypeDetached Single Family
- UtilitiesGas - Propane, Underground, Sewer Available, Septic Tank, Private Well
- Parking Spaces2
- ParkingGarage, Oversized
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontBAY, Bayou
- ExteriorFoundation Slab On Grade, Trim Wood, Siding Stucco, Roof Composite Shingle, Foundation On Pilings
- Exterior FeaturesBoatlift, Sprinkler System, Sauna/Steam, Satellite Dish, Porch Screened, Patio Open, Lawn Pump, Guest Quarters, Dock, Deck Open, Greenhouse
- Lot DescriptionSurvey Available, Wooded, Within 1/2 Mile Of Water
- RoofRoof Composite Shingle, Foundation On Pilings
- FoundationFoundation Slab On Grade, Foundation On Pilings
- Days on Website1082
- ZoningResidential Multi-Family, Residential Single Family
- CitySANTA ROSA BEACH
- Zip Code32459
- Interior FeaturesBreakfast Bar, Woodwork Painted, Window Bay, Wet Bar, Walls Wainscoting, Pull Down Stairs, Lighting Track, Lighting Recessed, Kitchen Island, Guest Quarters, Furnished - None, Floor WW Carpet New, Floor Tile, Floor Marble, Floor Hardwood, Fireplace, Ceiling Vaulted, Ceiling Tray/Cofferd, Ceiling Raised, Ceiling Crwn Molding, Ceiling Cathedral, Ceiling Beamed, Built-In Bookcases
- AppliancesDishwasher, Wine Refrigerator, Washer, Stove/Oven Gas, Refrigerator W/Ice Maker, Range Hood, Oven Continue Clean, Ice Machine
- HeatingHeat Pump A/A Two +
- CoolingA/C: Two Or More, A/C: Central Electric
- # of Stories2
- ElementaryVAN R. BUTLER
- MiddleEMERALD COAST
- HighSOUTH WALTON
- Listing Office:Davis Properties Of Nw Fl
DISCLAIMER: Information Deemed Reliable but not guaranteed. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
All listings are provided courtesy of the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors, Copyright2014, All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on April 23rd, 2014 at 11:01pm CDT.